Health should be our primary concern. No matter how rich or famous you are if your health is at stake, you can’t experience what life really is. Indeed, health is wealth. Despite the extensive advertisements about pills, vitamins and supplements that are promoted to improve health, there’s really no big secret to having good health. Here are simple tips that you may have read across different pages but were taken for granted and are actually more important than having a luxurious lifestyle.
1. Your weight matters. Obesity causes death every year and it also reduces life expectancy by 9 years. When you remain obese, health complications will follow such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke and many other diseases that range from simple to life threatening ones. Start your weight loss goal now.
2. Keep away from alcoholic beverages. Occasional drinking is not that bad but when it becomes your habit, you can probably experience long-term health problem such as cancer, heart attack and stroke. Drinkers are more likely to suffer these diseases and will experience premature aging. Their skin will sag and slack and their bellies will bulge outward.
3. You are what you eat. Eating too much salty and fatty foods will cause chronic illness such as diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Eating these foods is like encouraging toxins that can cause damages in your body. It will also make you look dehydrated and aging.
4. Movement is a must. Staying in your bed for a day will make you gain weight. Even if you are slim, you still need to exercise because it will lower the risk of chronic diseases up to 50%. It will also cut the risk of premature death by almost 20%. With regular exercise you keep your blood in good flow, thus, keeping your life glow.
5. Always add more fruit and vegetables in your diet. You have to eat five portions of fruits and vegetables everyday. At least 400g of fruit and veggies will lower your risk of serious health problems. Don’t depend on burgers.
6. Manage Stress. Psychological problems make you ill, stressed and depressed. When this happens, the free radicals are activated, hence, making you look old and messy. You will also be prone to high blood pressure, anxiety and depressions. Stress is a culprit for making a person look unhappy and untidy.
7. Get enough sleep. The body gets tired because of everyday toxic activities as well as the effects of gravity. However, there are people who can’t sleep enough such as the insomniacs. If you can’t sleep naturally, seek professional help so you can take some pills that will set your sleeping cycle better.
8. Stop smoking. When you quit smoking you can feel the benefits in 20 minutes because your blood pressure and pulse return to normal. Your lungs will start to clear after 24 hours and you begin to breathe easier after three days. More importantly, you are adding years into your life.
9. Visit your physician from time to time. It is recommended that you visit your doctor at least once a year to ensure that you are still in good health.
Hope this will serve as your checklist as you go on with your lifestyle this year and the coming years.